Organic Food is considered to be the healthiest form of food there is. Given below are ten reasons why you should make the switch to an organic diet.
1. Strict Standards for CertificationOne of the many Benefits of Organic Food is its assured quality. A farm must first pass rigorous tests before it acquires the right to be called an organic farm and to call its produce organic. Have peace organic food of mind when you see the organic seal of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) or Quality Assurance International (QAI).
2. Better TasteThe excessive amounts of desirable nutrients such as phytochemicals and antioxidants possessed by organic produce causes the resulting meat, fruits, and vegetables to have very juicy and sweet flavor.
3. Lower Health HazardsOrganic farms do not use industrial pesticides and fertilizers on their crops and also do not use periodic doses of antibiotics on their animals. This ensures that there will be no chemical residues on the produce. These chemical residues that are very common in conventional food are said to be harmless at first. They are however likely to buildup and become serious threats to one’s health.
4. Safer Water SupplyOf the many Benefits of Organic Food, that of safer water sources if often overlooked. Organic farming does not use chemicals that pollute the environment. The pollution may find its way to ground water and contaminate the water supply.
5. Sustainable SoilCrop rotation and composting which are the primary means of organic farms in keeping the soil rich in nutrients preserve the quality of the soil. Industrial fertilizers and pesticides on the other hand contaminate the soil and kill helpful microorganisms and deplete nutrients which will eventually lead to desolation of the soil.
6. Attachment with NatureOrganic farming aims to provide a habitat to plants and animals that is as natural as possible. This also helps farmers become closer with nature.
7. Motivated Research and DevelopmentOrganic farmers who care much for the environment as well as the plants and animals often conduct R&D on their own accord and expense to search for innovations that can help them better preserve nature.
8. Preservation of BiodiversityOne of the eco-friendly Benefits of Organic Food is that it preserves the diversity of life on the farm. It uses natural predators of pests rather than pesticides to protect plants. It also uses propagation of helpful microorganisms to help provide crops with enough nutrients from the soil.
9. Better Health of the Local CommunitiesOrganic farms provide the local consumers a readily accessible source of healthy foods.
10. Abundance and AvailabilityAmong the Benefits of Organic Food, the ease of how it can be obtained keeps on improving the most. The vast supply makes it very easy for consumers to satisfy organic ingredient their needs and wants for healthy eating.